Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Today, I mastered the stairs.

This weekend was pretty busy- Tom F's birthday was yesterday, so we celebrated! Yay! We saw a movie at the drafthouse, then visited some folks we know and love in nursing homes (including his dad, of course), and then went to dinner at the Treehouse (yum)- and to see Rock of Ages at the Long Center. And of course it rained almost all day.

Today after church I went to deliver some food to a friend and his wife, who was just in an accident, and then hit the gym. Geez, I sure know a lot of people that are down and out right now. Hope that changes soon!

So- the gym. I was a little nervous- it's been like... two months since I have been to the gym. I did the stairmaster- the stair mill, actually. You know, one of these monstrosities:

I looked way cooler than that lady, of course. I did it for 20 minutes, and sweat a LOT. Hopefully that will help me feel better, like the acupuncture guy said.

Then we went to Kohl's (and I didn't buy anything), then to HEB for our weekly trip, which took too long, as always, but we did buy a giant bottle of cabernet.

I have a crazy busy day tomorrow, and I can't wait! Bring on the new teachers! Oh, and I'm trying something radical tomorrow- instead of trying to get up at 5 and then feeling guilty for not, I'm going to sleep in until 5:45 and then go to the gym after work. Whaaaat?



No comments:

Post a Comment