Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

skinny runner obsession

Cousin Cheryl has obtained a new status in the running community: she was featured on Skinnyrunner.com. Seriously. She and I are both obsessed with SkinnyRunner, and this is just about the biggest news of the year. The post is awesome- it's a great "crappy race photo" of Cheryl and a story that I had never heard that is inspiring and almost made me cry... but I'll let you read it for yourself: http://skinnyrunner.com/2012/10/16/the-crappy-race-photo/#comment-188123

Anyhoo... last night I went to dinner with Tom and laid it all out about how I need to change my life and get my health back... and of course he was all supportive and awesome. I love that man. He even said that he wants to try "Nora Dub's stirfry" that I ate almost every night for dinner before we were married. It has tofu in it. It's kind of a big deal.

Also today, I looked up and printed out a training program for a half marathon, since I am registered for one in February.

It's funny to me that sometimes we have to constantly remind ourselves that we are worth all the effort that it takes to be healthy. It is SO convenient to be unhealthy, and it is sometimes hard to live like we really deserve to. I'm hoping that it will become easier once I get back into the swing of things.

1 comment:

  1. Nora, can you share some of your program? I'm also doing a half at the end of January and I'm struggling to make strides (see what I did there?). --ranger

    ReplyDelete