Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

Wow. Today was a crazy long day.

WOW. Today was long.

This morning I woke up all alone, because Tom had spent the night in Dallas- he went up with his brother to see Bob Dylan. I stayed here with Sunshine, who would NOT sleep in my room with me, even though I asked her to several times.

Work was a little hectic today- I was helping teachers with some tough situations. Tough all the time, and extra tough when you are a new teacher. One was a group of girls who were being bullies, and the other was a student who was homeless. It was a rough morning. BUT... I have to say this: I was walking back to my office, feeling more than a little sad for the homeless student, and I happened to pass by the school store, which is run by some of our special needs students. One of them was sitting in a chair just dancing her little heart out, and it brightened my day. I love seeing happy teenagers.

ALSO- I saw one of my former students from my old school- she is a SENIOR now, all growed up. She remembered me- and said she would come by my office. Hope so!

After school Tom and I went to dinner and then went to see Cloud Atlas. This movie is L O N G. Seriously, I am kind of thinking that it's a miracle that I was able to stay awake until the end. But of course I did because it was a truly amazing movie. Seriously- SO GOOD. Go see it. But keep it mind that it's three hours long. You're welcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment